Important: Catholic Education Melbourne (CEM) has recently made changes to the Year 7 enrolment process starting from the 2019 intake. The new process will see Catholic secondary colleges offering Year 7 places to students in Semester 2 of the Grade 5 year. Please try to ensure that applications are lodged as per dates shown at the bottom of the page.
Parents can obtain an information package, including the Application for Admission form by:
- downloading from the College website.
- contacting the College Registrar, Ms Oonagh Caldwell on 9520 8589, requesting an information package to be posted out
- visiting the College personally to obtain a package.
Once the Application for Admission form has been completed, please return it to the College along with:
- a non-refundable Application Fee of $200.00
- a copy of the Baptismal Certificate (if the student is baptised, Catholic or non-Catholic)
- a copy of the student’s birth certificate or documents showing permanent residency in Australia
- a copy of two most recent school reports (if in Year 4 or above)
- most recent NAPLAN results – Year 5, Year 7 or Year 9
Please see below for the current closing dates for applications. All enrolment enquiries to be directed to the College Registrar by telephoning 9520 8589.
Year 7 Entry
All Year 7 applicants are interviewed prior to acceptance. Interviews for the Year 7 2019 and 2020 intake have been conducted and acceptances have been confirmed. Applications for Year 7 2019 and 2020 will continue to be accepted if places exist. Upon acceptance of place, a non-refundable Family Enrolment Contribution of $350 is payable to confirm your position. Applications for Year 7 close as per dates below but will be accepted throughout the year if places are available. Applications for other year levels are accepted throughout the year if places are available.
Year 7-12 mid-year entry
Once the Application for Admission form and other required documents (as listed above) have been received, an interview is conducted with the student, family and the Principal. An applicant may also be required to meet the Program Leader and the Special Education Convenor as part of the enrolment and/or induction process.
Families are notified in writing whether a position is to be offered. Upon acceptance, a non-refundable Family Enrolment Contribution of $350 is payable to confirm your position. For late applications or for other year levels, interviews are arranged upon receipt of application if places are available.
Key Enrolment dates
Year 7, 2020
The enrolment process for Year 7, 2020 has been conducted. If you have not yet applied for Year 7, 2020 but are interested in your son attending CBC, please contact our Registrar immediately on 9520 8589. Interviews for late applications are conducted by the Principal.
Year 7, 2021
- 23 August 2019 -- Applications close
- 25 October 2019 -- Offers are posted (date changed from 18 October by CEM)
- 08 November 2019 -- Final date for acceptance (date changed from 01 November by CEM)
Please contact us if you would like information regarding your son's enrolment timeline.
For students entering Year 7 after 2020, key dates are approximately as follows (timelines for enrolment are determined by Catholic Education Melbourne):
- Applications close in August when your son is in Year 5 (Grade 5)
- Offers are posted in early - mid October of the same year
- Acceptance of offer to be received by CBC St Kilda by end of October.